|
ABout Me Trina. In search of something sane to get me out of bedlam that's now my life! Wishlist
1) Strike the lottery Who I'll like to be for a day Meridith Grey from Grey's Anatomy then my life won't seem so bad Blog Pals
D Backup Plan My Own Disclaimer Please UPLOAD 1.header = dear diary TO UR OWN SERVER. Credits Given
Powered By: Blogger
|
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 Yesterday, I met some of my friends from my Communication Studies cohort for lunch. On the way to the Refactory (1 of the Uni's cafeterias), Kevin asked me how was the cake. And there I was puzzled because I had yet to see a cake. It was only later that I found out that the cake was actually meant to be a secret. It was actually no big deal about the secrecy of the cake since I figured that I would most probably see it after dinner that night. But, the cake itself was a big deal. Most of my friends know that I am not a big fan of chocolate. (I like dark chocolate but only a selective brand.) So that more or less shoots down one of the more popular selections of birthday cakes. While I am not a fan of chocolate, I am a huge fan of green tea. Anything that is made out of green tea, I would most probably fall in love with it. Since Baskin Robbins no longer carry green tea ice cream (my favourite brand for green tea ice cream), my friends (actually Syl and Han) had to think of another alternative; or rather another bakery that sells green tea cake. Syl mentioned it to Orion that they were looking for green tea cake. And dear Orion managed to find a bakery that sells green tea cake. Back in Singapore, I am sure at least 50% of the bakeries sells green tea cake but when you are in Australia especially Perth, you cannot be too certain. So the credit of finding my green tea cake is Orion Kew (Orion, I know you're gonna kill me for mentioning your name but, I DON'T CARE!). I celebrated my birthday with some of my close friends. (Yes, I know I celebrated it on Friday but these were a different bunch of friends.) We ate at Kimchi House, a Korean restaurant. I finally satisfied my cravings for Korean food, yummy! After dinner, we went for Karaoke. I was prepared to treat my friends and expected the bill to come up to $200 but the bill was only $40+. The reason was, ABK had already planned to give me a surprise by giving me and my friends a treat. He paid for the cake as well. He had actually passed the money to Syl when he was here in June! My boyfriend is sometimes the sneakiest person I know. Well, below are some of the pictures I took last night.
My dearest housemates. From left, Han, me & Syl.
Some seafood steamboat hotplate thingy. So yummy!!!
My Green T birthday cake.
Me with my white chocolate name tag.
|