ABout Me

Trina. In search of something sane to get me out of bedlam that's now my life!

Wishlist

1) Strike the lottery
2) Trip around the world
3) Be a Tai Tai
Not in the order

Who I'll like to be for a day

Meridith Grey from Grey's Anatomy then my life won't seem so bad

Blog Pals

D Backup Plan
Fat Starfish
D Enlightened One
I Am Bonkers
Trompeloeil
Laundry Days
High Fieldeility
Gaozi Unplugged

My Own Disclaimer

Please UPLOAD 1.header = dear diary TO UR OWN SERVER.

Credits Given

Powered By: Blogger
Layout By: Trina

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yes, I'm finally employed. As of the 30th of March, I'm now the Marketing Communication Executive of a company that organises exhibitions. Do I like the job? It's too early to say because I'm just trying to stay afloat. There's too many things to remember and understand. After a week at work, I can't say that I am less confused as I was on my first day.
I'm still trying to get used to having a cubicle where I can see what my co-workers are doing on my left, right and opposite me. It gets awhile for me to block out all the noises of phones ringing, people talking all at once and music of different genres playing in the background. Yep, it takes awhile for me to get used to it.
Right...getting to the point of work or rather my job scope. Since I'm one of the 4 happy Marcomm Exec, I have to deal with press release of upcoming exhibitions, copywriting of websites and brochures, writing sales letters, contacting various publications for contra deals, etc. Sounds exciting huh! It is but it's hectic!
Everything is project based of course. My projects are all due next year but already I have to come up with the copywriting of websites and brochures and call up publications for contra deals. On my 4th day of work, I had a call from a guy from UK telling me that the contra deal isin't working out because they are giving out more freebies than us. Duh!!! They are talking in pounds and the total came up to 30k pounds whereas ours at best was 7k SGD!
On my side of the conversation, only 'Yes, I understand' could be heard. Why? Because that bozo was busy rattling away and didn't really gave me a chance to cut in and also because I just asked my Associate Manager what the contra deal was all about...Drats! Made me sound stupid!
It doesn't make my job any easier when 2 new Marketing Manager came on board 2 days after me. Both of them are poles apart. The guy MM whom I'll give a nickname of 'Mr Gentleman' is like his nickname. Gentle! A really nice guy and talks really slow.
The female MM whose nickname shall be 'Ms Boomboom Voice' is a very nice, loud and animated woman. Unfortunately, I'm working with her so the positive aspects of her personality becomes annoying traits. Every 10 minutes, she'll call my Associate Manager's name and that annoys me because I'm sitting right across my AM.
Worst of all, she gets me to do dumb stuff that should have taken her to do it in 5 minutes. I've a feeling that because my projects are all next year, she thinks I'm free...yah right as if I'm the company's freeloader! She wanted to fill in the blanks of a form about our company's details so that she can fax it back to the company. Easy right, takes less than 5 minutes to write but noooooooo, she wants it very professional and neat so she got me to use the typewriter!
I kid you not! I have to use a bloody typewriter which I've never used before hmmm except when I was 5 and playing with one in my cousin's room. I wasted close to 15 minutes learning how to use the dinosaur and then another 30 minutes checking the paper after every word to make sure I made no mistakes. On a positive note, I truly understand how inadequately older folks feel when facing with new technologies. Drats! I'm stumped by a dinosaur of a typewriter!
And so tomorrow is another day...meeting at 10am. *Sigh*