|
ABout Me Trina. In search of something sane to get me out of bedlam that's now my life! Wishlist
1) Strike the lottery Who I'll like to be for a day Meridith Grey from Grey's Anatomy then my life won't seem so bad Blog Pals
D Backup Plan My Own Disclaimer Please UPLOAD 1.header = dear diary TO UR OWN SERVER. Credits Given
Powered By: Blogger
|
Thursday, February 01, 2007 It feels like deja vu walking down the halls of the hospital, finding my way to her ward. I had heard my mother saying how frail she has become since she was last hospitalised. But still, I get a shock when I finally find her lying in the hospital bed. I almost could not recognise my own grandmother. She has become thin and frail from the months of medication. Her hair, once plentiful are now just strands that lays limply on the pillow. Her face is drawn tight, making her lips thicker like some comic character with the occasional grimace of pain. She does not seem to be lucid. Her mind is wondering back to the past, talking of something that happened before I was born. I do not think she recognise me because she does not recognise my mom. She confuses herself with my mother and my aunt. She knows that she has met them before but has forgotten when. My grandmother suffers from dementia and many other ailments. She has trouble recognising my mother and I, her daughter and granddaughter. Very soon, she will be living in the memories of her past. |